About / Call for Entries
In celebration of Public Architecture and its importance to our built environment, Center for Architecture Sarasota presents ?Architecture in the Public Realm.?
An exhibit of local architects’ work, this program recognizes and celebrates the impact architecture makes in our experience of our public space.
The exhibit will open January 12, 2017 at CFAS and run through March 10, 2017. The gallery is open to the public on Tuesdays through Saturdays, 12 PM ? 5 PM. Events planned during the exhibit include an opening night reception and weekly ?Gallery Talks?, where participating architects will have the opportunity to speak about their work through a series of mini lectures.
Entries and Eligibility
- Entries may be submitted by architecture firms and landscape architecture firms based in the Sarasota / Manatee metropolitan area. Projects may be located anywhere in the world.
- Projects must be designed by registered professionals.
- Entries must be projects for public use.
- Projects may be completed (built) or in the design phase (unbuilt).
- If the design team includes more than one firm, any member of the team may submit the joint project. All members of the design team must be acknowledged in the entry and a member of the non-submitting firm(s) must provide a release indicating that they are aware of the submission.
- A maximum of two display boards and one scale model is allowed. Display boards shall be 24? x 36? minimum to 36? x 42? maximum size, 3/8? Gator Board.
- One display board shall only contain information for a single project. The second display board may contain information for multiple projects.
- The scale model must represent the same project as the single project display board.
- Digital presentation of the work must accompany the submission. The digital file will be used for presentation during the gallery talks by participants, and may also be used in event promotional materials produced distributed by CFAS. Images may include drawings, photos and text. A maximum of 10 images and minimum of 2 is required.
- Images shall be submitted in PDF file format, with a maximum file size of 6MB.
- The submission deadline is January 6, 2017. Display boards and models must be delivered to CFAS at 265 South Orange Ave. Available delivery days are January 3, 4, 5, & 6, between the hours of 12:00 PM ? 5:00 PM. Digital materials may be uploaded per instructions included with online registration.
PLEASE SUBMIT AT THE ADDRESS BELOW
Participants must register online at cfasrq.org, Architecture in the Public Realm. Registration must be submitted no later than 6:00 PM, Thursday, December 15, 2016. Registration is free and we encourage your participation.
Participants shall clear all photographs and drawings for unrestricted release and reproduction in connection with publicity and publication related to the exhibit program. By submitting the project, the submitting architect represents and warrants that such releases have been obtained. All images and descriptive materials submitted must not be restricted against publication or any other form of publicity. While the name of the photographer will be mentioned anywhere the photo is shown, issued or displayed, the submitting architect is responsible for any royalties, copyrights or photography fees.
Please send your request to submit your project to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the following information:
- Firm Name
- Project Name
- Contact email
A confirmation email with additional information will be sent as soon as your information is received.
If you have not received a confirmation email please resubmit your name